I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is a networking scheme that has been created to support and encourage new bloggers, and I think that it’s a good initiative to get to know interesting blogs.
If you have just been nominated by me, here are the rules:
– Post the award on your blog.
– Thank the blogger presenting you with this award and provide a link back to their blog
– Write 11 random facts about yourself
– Find 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you think are deserving of the award and nominate them
– Finally, the award presenter will ask 11 questions which you need to answer and then you, in turn, ask your nominees 11 questions, and on it goes.
So here we go!
A big THANK YOU to my nominator Rita Rosenback!!
Eleven facts about myself:
- I’m currently living in a multilingual environment where I speak everyday 3 languages (English, Spanish, and Finnish) that are slowly getting the same degree of usage.
- I love animals and I’m looking forward to adopting a cat.
- I have considered starting PhD studies on the area of historical linguistics, more precisely on Old English, Old Norse, and their influence in modern Germanic languages.
- Related to the previous point, I’m very interested in the Middle Ages in England and Scandinavia.
- Living in Finland, I want to learn Swedish at some point in the future, once my Finnish gets better.
- I’m from Galicia, a region in the north-west of Spain where we have our own language, culture, and traditions.
- Teaching languages has been my vocation since I was a child.
- I’m left-handed.
- I really think that speaking several languages helps us to broaden our mind.
- I have taken courses of 8 different languages, and my hunger for learning new languages isn’t over yet.
- I have started to write some fiction but for the moment it’s still some drafts.
Answers to MultilingualParenting‘s questions:
Who do you admire the most?
That’s a very difficult question, I have been thinking for a while, but I can’t really choose just one person.
Which country would you like to visit?
I would say Iceland, Japan, and Ireland.
Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Definitely a night owl, I really like to sleep in the mornings when I can.
What is your earliest childhood memory?
Probably one night when I was around 3 years old and my mom was showing me the stars in the sky and taught me that Sirius was the brightest of all.
Which is your favourite day of the week and why?
It usually changes depending on my schedule. Right now I would say that is Thursday because I finish my lessons for the week on Wednesday, so Thursday feels like weekend already.
If you were to appear in a film, which film would it be and what character?
It would be a movie set in medieval York during the times of the Danelaw, and the character would be just any woman of that time.
What was your dream job as a child?
I have always wanted to be a teacher, so we could say that I have my dream job 🙂
When did you last jump in a puddle?
What song lyrics have you misheard?
It’s very common in Spain to make jokes with “Hotel California”, by Eagles. When they say “then she lit up a candle” it sounds for us as “el chinito pescando”, which means “a Chinese man fishing”.
How long is a piece of string?
Good one 😉
What’s the worst spelling mistake you have made in a text or email message?
Probably not the worst, but the funniest typo was a couple of days ago when I was telling a friend that I didn’t want to go to some place because it was very far and I had to “swim” for half an hour through deserted areas… When I wanted to say that I had to “walk” (it was in Spanish and I wrote “nadar” instead of “andar”).
Questions to my nominees:
1. Have you even experienced “cultural shock”?
2. What’s your favourite city in the world?
3. If you had to choose a different profession totally unrelated to your current one, which one would you choose?
4. Do you usually drink 2 litres of water everyday?
5. Do you believe in extraterrestrials?
6. What’s your favourite word?
7. Which country would you like to visit the most?
8. If you could have any skill you wanted to have, what would it be?
9. Who do you admire the most?
10. Favourite book?
11. How would you like your life to be like in 10 years?
Finally, my nominees: (Sorry that I didn’t choose 11, but all of them are very good!)